Full Job Description
At Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), we’re here for the same mission – to bring science solutions to the world. Join our team and YOU will play a supporting role in our goal to address global challenges!
We are hiring full-time financial accountants within the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) which is an important role for supporting the finance and accounting operations.
Why join Berkeley Lab?
We like to take care of our team. In addition to benefits you would expect from a top employer, you can also count on:
- Work for Berkeley Lab that is associated with 14 Nobel Prize winners!
- Competitive pay: $92,000-$120,000 depending on experience and years
- Opportunities to grow in your career (91% of the Controller’s leadership team has been promoted from within)
- A culture where you’ll belong. We are invested in our teams! Our average tenure for the Controller’s team is 11 years
- Including vacations and holidays, we have a Winter Holiday Shutdown every year
- Parental bonding leave (for both mothers and fathers)
- Family care leave
- Pet insurance
What you’ll do:
This is an exciting opportunity to have a high level of impact and work for an organization associated with 14 Nobel Prizes! You may take part, not only in the broad range of accounting activities including: banking, property accounting, internal/external reporting, auditing support, compliance, monthly closes and special projects, but also getting your feet wet in analysis, synthesizing, and accounting research!
We are seeking an experienced accountant (4+ years). If you have 6+ years of experience you may also expect to:
- Come up with new approaches, perform assignments and make decisions with limited direction from their supervisor.
- Complete complex financial statement analysis including responsibility for various general ledger account reconciliations; acting in the capacity as preparer or reviewer.
- May lead and direct the activities of others.